Saturday, August 2, 2008

A holding pattern

Last Monday, I got a call from my contractor that said he could start as soon as we could give him a check for materials so Menards could deliver sometime this week. One problem: we're waiting on the bank. Actually, we were waiting on one final estimate. In fact, we waited for that estimate all week! Finally I just wrote down a number that was at least twice as much as the job would actually cost (shower install) and gave the numbers to the bank. Now, we wait.

Oh, it's going to be a good day when that money comes through. I'm going to be ordering that cracked ice chrome table faster than a wino hits the jug. Priorities, you see. So what if the table has to sit in the breezeway while the actual dining room is being crafted? At least I'll have it. And I'll gaze at it late at night. I might even talk to it, too. It depends how late it is.

No comments: